Your club website is the primary way that “strangers” will find your club. It’s also a great place to ‘showcase’ the amazing benefits of your club.
Do you have high-quality club website?
Is it attracting new members to your club?
This year we have a new challenge for clubs in D71: The “Distinguished Club WEBSITE” Programme — or “DCW” for short.
An initiative from 2017-18 District PR Manager Laura Bruce is the “Distinguished Club Website”. Sound familiar? Like the Distinguished Club Program, the DCW has a maximum of 10 points on offer.
The principle is that a website that meets these criteria will be helpful to potential guests and visitors.
A club’s website that meets all 11 criteria will be rewarded. [You want loot? We got loot!]
Here are the criteria for the Distinguished Club Website:
- Name of club and city or town the club meets in
- Time and date/schedule of meeting (e.g. “1st and 3rd Thursday”). Be specific if you meet every 2nd week – include dates of your meetings.
- Meeting venue and directions to venue
- Description of what a first-time visitor might expect at a meeting
- Names of your club officers
- Photos from one of your meetings (Best speaker ribbon presentation? People chatting at your network break? New member induction ceremony?)
- Contact form to get in touch with the club by email AND phone number of someone at the club
- Information about what Toastmasters is and how it works
- Details about how your club is part of a larger district, within the worldwide organisation
- Toastmasters logo on each page – ideally as part of header
- Is it mobile friendly?
For further information about this incentive, please contact D71 Public Relations Manager Brenda Lannon