Is your club website working hard on your behalf?
Your club website is the primary way that “strangers” will find your club. It’s also a great place to ‘showcase’ the amazing benefits of your club.
Do you have high-quality club website?
Is it attracting new members to your club?
This year we have a new challenge for clubs in D71: The “Distinguished Club WEBSITE” Programme — or “DCW” for short.
A new initiative from this year’s District PR Manager Laura Bruce is the “Distinguished Club Website”. Sound familiar? Like the Distinguished Club Program, the DCW has a maximum of 10 points on offer.
The principle is that a website that meets these criteria will be helpful to potential guests and visitors.
A club’s website that meets all 10 criteria will be rewarded. [You want loot? We got loot!]
Here are the criteria for the Distinguished Club Website:
- Name of club and city or town the club meets in
- Time and date/schedule of meeting (e.g. “1st and 3rd Thursday”)
- Meeting venue and directions to venue
- Description of what a first-time might expect at a meeting
- Names of your club officers
- Photos from one of your meetings (Best speaker ribbon presentation? People chatting at your network break? New member induction ceremony?)
- Contact form to get in touch with the club by email AND phone number of someone at the club
- Information about what Toastmasters is and how it works
- Details about how your club is part of a larger district, within the worldwide organisation
- Toastmasters logo on each page – ideally as part of header
If your club can achieve all 10 “DCW” points, you will get a reward — probably a set of club ribbons.
More importantly, it will ensure that your club website is a resource for potential members to find you!
There is no deadline but there is a one-off evaluation each month. One of our volunteer team will quality-assure your website. . . and if you tick off all ten items, a set of ribbons will be on its way!
To participate in the DCP do this:
- Email Laura with your website address, and
- Put “DCW + [your club name]” in the email subject line.