Promote the Toastmasters promise
Congratulations on your election to serve as a club officer for 2020-2021! We are thrilled to be working together.
Effective training for club officers is one of the most critical parts of delivering our mission to our members. Without properly trained officers, clubs cannot meet members’ needs or introduce the benefits of Toastmasters to others. Club officer training is also vital means to leadership development.
This year how District 71 delivers training has changed as we prevail over the challenges of the novel Coronavirus. This year we are offering for, the first time, a District wide Club Officer Training (COT) on the 4th of July and then to provide flexibility and choice a set of officer training sessions will be held that are coordinated by our twelve Division Directors and their Areas.
Saturday 4th of July 2020 is FULL
Watch this space in the next day or so for the details of further Club Officer training offers led by our Divisions. This list will grow
- Wednesday July 8th, led by Bradley Peters, Area H20 Director, Email Division H Director Vinette
- Saturday July 11th, led by Somesh Kumar, Division D Director, Email Somesh
- Saturday July 11th, led by Jono Poon, Area H44 Director, Email Division H Director Vinette
- Thursday July 16th, led by Sue Burnett, Area H44 Director, Email Division H Director Vinette
- Saturday July 25th, led by Marian Brennan and Michael May, Division Directors of C and J, Email Marian
- Saturday July 25th, led by Philip O’Callaghan, Division M Director, Email Philip
- Saturday August 15th, led by Rob Partridge, Division F Director, Email Rob
On the recommendation of Toastmasters International we have adopted for online training a format based on concurrent training with parallel sessions. This format is known as a Toastmaster Leadership Institute or TLI. A TLI offers you choice about which elective sessions to attend for your leadership development. They are increasingly popular around the world.
What to expect? A scene setting opening followed by three rounds of concurrent training with breaks followed by concluding activities.
Agenda (comfort stops between)
- 9:30-10:00 Registration
- 10:00-10:25 Opening and Scene setting
- 10:35-11:35 Concurrent training round 1
- 11:45-12:45 Concurrent training round 2
- 13:30-14:30 Concurrent training round 3
- 14:40-15:10 Wrap up session and close
*Note that Toastmasters International minimum recommended officer training is five hours (allowing for breaks), but we have trimmed it back to four hours to allow for zoom fatigue and will offer a regular program of optional training through the year in compensation.
Final agenda and schedule Click to download 2020-07-04 District 71 Enhanced Club Officer Training Agenda
Training credit for the Distinguished Club Program
Club officers attending the full day should train for their forthcoming role plus their choice of two other modules to earn their Club a credit towards the Distinguished Club Program (DCP). The only incoming officers who can claim training credit are President, VP Education, VP Membership, VP Public Relation, Treasurer, Secretary, and Sergeant at Arms. Assistants and those interested in club leadership are more than welcome to attend for their own benefit.
There will be ample further opportunities to train for DCP credit led be Divisions or Areas.
Register in advance for this meeting: CLOSED
Club Officers deliver the Toastmasters International Club Mission: “We provide a supportive and positive learning experience in which members are empowered to develop communication and leadership skills, resulting in greater self-confidence and personal growth”
We will help you deliver that by addressing three key questions:
- What is my role?
- Why is my role important?
- How can I do my role well -what are the best practices?
We are including generous facilitation activities and brainstorming because in the year ahead members, officers, and their clubs face uncertainty around roles and functions and need innovative thinking and idea.