Document and publicise current events
Inform with educational material
Provide visitors with take-home information
Connect new members with the club
Encourage communication among members
Recognise members’ accomplishments through published stories
Inspire all members to participate further in the Toastmasters program
Help the club achieve its mission and vision
Would you like some club ribbons?
Give your club the publicity and recognition it deserves! Tell your local community about Toastmasters events, programs and member achievements.
Post newsletter or flyer on your club facebook page and tag Karen O’Donnell or post to District 71 PR page. When your Press release is published in local newspaper – email copy to Karen O’Donnell – karenodonnellD71@gmail.com
Each club can receive 1 set of ribbons for each of these campaigns (Newsletter, Press Release & Flyer) between August – December.
Some tools to assist you:-
Points to remember when writing a press release:
Use the news templates to garner interest and awareness. Click here: news release & Anniversary News Release. Choose the news release below that best fits your needs, edit to your specifications and then pitch it via email to your local news media.
A few things to keep in mind:
1. All releases are formatted and downloadable as Word documents.
2. Click on a news release and save it to your computer.
3. Localize the news release by replacing the bolded text with your club or district information. Proofread it for accuracy.
4. Once finished replacing the bolded text with your club or district information, delete the bolded text and parenthesis and save your changes.
5. Email the news release to local news media. Paste the release into an email, below the pitch and your email signature. Do not attach the release to your email. Attachments to journalists usually get caught by spam filters.