We live in challenging times that require innovative adaptation for our members and clubs to thrive! Is your club motivated to improve the quality of experience members and guests receive? Quality is the difference between wow, ouch, and ho-hum in your members eyes. Clubs need to hear more “Wow! Fantastic! I am going to tell all my friends” to attract new members! Does your club want to challenge itself to set key improvement goals this autumn and show success next spring? If so there are two related incentives for that this year. The incentive runs in conjunction with the Moments of Truth (MOT) activity which is a proven tool to underpin a cycle of continuous quality improvement.
- Working with your Area Director* use the Moments of Truth activity to set the club key improvement goals before the end of 2020*** Extended to 28th February 2021. On 1st
FebruaryMarch 2021 there will be a prize draw for 420Eur to successful claims ( maximum of 50 clubs to receive $10 equivalent contribution to club expenses**).
- Invite the Area Director back in the spring to prove that the improvement goals have been met. On the 1st of May 2021 there will be a prize draw for 525Eur (maximum of 25 clubs to receive $25 equivalent contribution to club expenses**)
*Area Director or other District officer such as Division Director or member of the District Leadership Team
**If fewer clubs claim the incentive budget will be divided between those that have made successful claims.
*** To claim the Area Director or Club President should write to me (click to email Daniel Sandars PQD) telling me a)The club, the SMART goals that have been set, and the meeting Agenda where the MOT was conducted.
Moments of Truth Resources
As a club, you want every new and prospective member’s initial interaction with the club to be a positive one. These decisive times when initial impressions are formed are known as Moments of Truth. Part of The Successful Club Series, Moments of Truth outlines how to create a positive first impression of your club and recognize and deal with situations critical to club success in English.
To make sure your goals are clear and reachable, each one should be:
- Specific (simple, sensible, significant).
- Measurable (meaningful, motivating).
- Achievable (agreed, attainable).
- Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based).
- Time bound (time-based, time limited, time/cost limited, timely, time-sensitive).