Daniel Sandars, District 71 Program Quality Director2020-2021 Click to email
This autumn District 71 runs humorous speech and table topics contests through to Division finals concluding on or before the 30th November
According to rule 3B (see bottom) of the Toastmasters International Speech Contest Rulebook JULY 1, 2020 TO JUNE 30, 2021 (item 1171 rev 02/2020) the following two contestant rulings apply.
1) The following Divisions are required to accept the two highest placed available contestants in each contest from each of their Areas
The highest placed available contestant proceeds to District final at the Solihull 2021 conference in May 2021.
Division Directors, please ensure that your notification of winners form (https://www.toastmasters.org/Resources/Notification-of-Contest-Winner ) contains all the information for all contestants in rank order who have not been disqualified as we may need to call on the runners up if the winners availability changes. Email to me at your earliest convenience.
2) The following Area are required to accept the two highest place available contestants in each contest from each of their clubs
SPEECH CONTEST RULEBOOK JULY 1, 2020 TO JUNE 30, 2021
3. Selection Sequence
B Eight (8) weeks prior to the Area contest, if an Area has four (4) assigned clubs or
fewer in good standing, Districts have the option to allow two (2) contestants from each club to compete in the Area contest.
1. Should additional clubs charter prior to the Area contest, two (2) contestants from
each club are permitted to compete.
2. In those Divisions with four (4) assigned Areas or fewer, Districts have the option to
allow the two (2) highest-placed available contestants from each Area to compete.
3. In Districts with four (4) assigned Divisions or fewer, Districts have the option
to allow the two (2) highest-placed available contestants from each Division to participate in the District contest.
4. The decision whether or not to allow two (2) contestants to advance from club
to Area, from Area to Division, and/or from Division to District must be made and
communicated throughout the District prior to the commencement of the contest cycle, i.e., prior to any club contests being held.
a) Once the decision is made, it must be implemented consistently throughout
the District in all clubs, Areas, and Divisions affected.
b) If a District decides to allow two (2) contestants to advance from club to Area, its
decisions regarding the number to advance from Area to Division and/or from Division to District need not be the same.
The District contests will be held at the Virtual Conference in May 2021Social tagging: #WeAreToastmasters > Solihull2021