District 71 two contestants ruling for Autumn 2021 contests
District 71 will run 4 contests this year:
- Humorous Speech Contest
- Table Topics Contest
- International Speech Contest
- Evaluation Speech Contest
The Humorous Speech and Table Topics Contests will run through to Division finals up to 30 November 2021. All contests will be run online.
Speech Contest Rulebook 2021-22 is available via this link.
Section 3B of the rulebook deals with the number of contests who qualify for the next level of the contests.
Eight (8) weeks prior to the Area contest, if an Area has four (4) assigned clubs or fewer in good standing, Districts have the option to allow two (2) contestants from each club to compete in the Area contest.
- Should additional clubs charter prior to the Area contest, two (2) contestants from each club are permitted to compete.
- In those Divisions with four (4) assigned Areas or fewer, Districts have the option to allow the two (2) highest-placed available contestants from each Area to compete.
- In Districts with four (4) assigned Divisions or fewer, Districts have the option to allow the two (2) highest-placed available contestants from each Division to participate in the District contest.
- The decision whether or not to allow two (2) contestants to advance from club to Area, from Area to Division, and/or from Division to District must be made and communicated throughout the District prior to the commencement of the contest cycle, i.e., prior to any club contests being held.
a) Once the decision is made, it must be implemented consistently throughout the District in all clubs, Areas, and Divisions affected.
b) If a District decides to allow two (2) contestants to advance from club to Area, its decisions regarding the number to advance from Area to Division and/or from Division to District need not be the same.
- Occasionally, a contest will be held with only one (1) contestant. In such cases, a contest must still be held, and the contestant must be disqualified if they do not meet the timing, originality, and eligibility requirements
Number of contestants who qualify from each of the clubs in an area for the area contest.
The following areas are required to accept the top 2 placed available contestants in each of their contests from each of their clubs:
Division Areas A 11, 23 B 13, 17, 24 C 22 D 50 E 6, 39 F 4, 12, 27 G 25, 41 H 1 contestant per club for each area in Division H J 1 contestant per club for each area in Division J M 5, 18 N 21, 31 S 33, 60
Areas not listed above are required to accept the top placed available contestant per club in their areas.
All Divisions are required to accept the top 2 placed available contestants from each of their areas.
Division winners will represent their Division at the District finals in May 2022.
Division Directors, please ensure that winners in your Division contests are notified to Brenda Lannon, Program Quality Director, email email@example.com using the winners notification form (please include all placed contestants).